For over 13 years P3 has had a rich history in guiding, educating and developing interns. Previous applicants have gone on to work in the NBA, MLB, NHL, NCAA, for P3 or to pursue careers within the field of sports science research across the globe.
P3 Atlanta Biomechanics Internship:
P3 is seeking applicants interested in contributing to the advancement of applied sport science- leveraging data to aid athlete development.
Duration of Internship: 3 months
- Current enrollment in or possessing degree from an undergraduate program in Mechanical Engineering, Biomechanics, Kinesiology, or a related field
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Applicants will be expected to provide a writing sample following the first round of interviews
- Experience with Force Plates and/or Motion Capture software is preferred
- Training and Athletic background preferred
- 30-40 hours/week for the duration of 3 months
- Assist with athlete assessment and data collection
- Support in the collection and processing of testing data and video analysis
- Assist ATL Biomechanics staff with data processing and analysis
- Attendance of weekly intern professional development meetings
- Develop, conduct and present novel research to P3 staff upon completion of the internship
- Assist with administration and maintenance of facility
Compensation: All interns will be offered a monthly stipend to help towards living costs.
Application Deadline: August 25, 2019
Start Date: October 1, 2019
To apply for Biomechanics Internships, please email a cover letter, resume and two references to Eric Leidersdorf (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Due to high volume of applicants, only those that have been shortlisted should expect to hear back from P3.
Applicants will also need to have the legal right to work in the U.S.
Harvard University Studying biology and anthropology enrolled in evolutionary biology and the history of this scientific field Queen’s College, Oxford University.
Member of the Harvard Varsity Swim Team Competed at Nationals, U.S. Open, and the Eastern Intercollegiate -Swimming League Championships.
Interested in sports performance and recovery, with a growing interest in the role of nutrition throughout training and competition.
“P3 exposed me to an all new type of training philosophy. Some aspects of the training done in this program I had been exposed to before, but they had never been articulated as clearly and combined into a program that seemed to make as much sense. P3’s staff doesn’t simply tell an athlete to do something and then walk away; they work with the athletes in order to make sure that the athletes not only are doing the exercises correctly, but that they understand what they are doing and what they can gain from this training.”
Loughborough University 2001-2004 (England) B.S. w/ Honors in Sports Science and Management Oxford University 2005- M.S. in Science and Medicine of Athletic Performance
Northhampton Saints (professional England rugby) 2004-2005
“I had a fantastic 2 months at P3- I had a few options to gain conditioning experience for the summer of ’06, but cannot imagine going anywhere else and getting so much out of an experience. For sports science students or exercise physiologists, P3 is an ideal place to go and apply/learn the most effective and specific ways to use current scientific principals in formulating quality power, speed and strength training programs. My time at P3 also allowed me to gain fantastic coaching experience, working with athletes with various experience ranging from high school athletes to Olympians. I have never come across such a detailed, conscientious and knowledgeable coach as Marcus and will remember my time at P3 with fond memories.